BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

My Human!


Rainy day, but I took advantage of a lull in it to go see the girls.  I didn't do much very serious... started teaching The Boss Mare a new trick (back up by the tail hairs... she pretty much gets it already after like six repetitions), then I gave her a bit of a massage, which I have wanted to do for a while.  

Vee is getting closer and closer to me.  Before, if I would focus on her and offer her a treat, she would actually retreat.  Now she stands and looks at me and I can see the wheels turning.  And, when I am feeding, she will come right up beside me and I can even feed her out of my hand sometimes.

After the massage Abbey decided Okay, I don't want to share you with anyone else.  She tolerates when I do stuff with Storm, sometimes supervising, sometimes going off to do her own thing.  But I kind of made the rounds today and asked Jewel to back up and yield her hindquarters, then I clicked/treated Jewel, and Abbey was like OH HECK NO!   and came and drove Jewel off.  She drove Vee off before she could really think about coming to me, too.

I had to kind of show her that I can and will play with the other horses too, but she is the boss and they sure get out of the way fast when she flattens those ears!  But, the focus was mostly on her today.

Which is exactly how she likes it.

0 comments: